The weather is warming up and it’s a great time of year to start experimenting with raw and plant- based foods.
Most people naturally tend to eat more salads during warmer weather, and whether the salad is used as a side, main, cooked or raw dish, it has to be flavourful – that’s where this dressing comes in.
I whip up a batch of this sweet, tangy treat at least once every week and it makes a delicious pairing with almost anything. An added bonus is that it lasts a few days in the fridge.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (or a mustard of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of honey or agave nectar or another sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon finely diced red onion
- Pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients together with a fork or shake in a tightly closed jar. To store, keep covered in the fridge.