2 cups cooked chick peas
1 onion diced
1 garlic clove diced
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 average sized tomatoes
6 pimento grains (or a pinch of pimento powder)
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 inch ginger
1/2 tsp cumin powder
small piece of chilli (optional)
Good pinch of salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup (250ml) water
Handful of spinach (optional)
1. Put coconut oil on medium heat and add dry ingredients (curry, garam masala, cumin, pimento) stirring for a couple of minutes. Take care not to burn.
2. Add onions, garlic and piece of chilli and saute for a two minutes.
3. Stir in cooked chick peas and add water. Bring to a boil and add salt and pepper.
4. Cook on simmer until sauce has reduced to desired thickness, or you can crush a few lentils to speed up thickening. In the last 5 minutes you can stir in an optional generous handful of spinach for an extra protein boost.
5. Taste for seasonings. Sprinkle on some fresh herbs such as parsley and/or coriander to serve.